They say that a colorful plate, in a happy plate. And a happy plate is also a healthy plate. As I'm sure you know by now, I'm all about healthy eating, so check out a colorful, yet delicious meal.
- 1/2 Red, 1/4 green, and 1/2 yellow peppers
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- 1/2 cup Crumbled Feta Cheese
- 1 Boneless chicken breast
- 1/2 packet of Sazon Goya Seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic
- garlic powder
- other seasonings
- Heat olive oil in pan
- Slice peppers to desired sizes and add them to the oil
- Leave peppers there for 15 - 20 minutes. Flip them several times. Cover the pan to ensure that the peppers are SOFT!
- Add garlic gloves to oil while peppers are on heat
- Sprinkle peppers with garlic powder and any other seasonings you enjoy
- While the peppers are on the heat, add sazon Goya seasoning to chicken on a separate plate
- Once peppers have started to soften, add chicken pieces/slices to hot pan. Cover pan
- Chicken only requires 7 - 10 minutes cooking.
- Once chicken is cooked, and peppers are soft, sprinkle feta cheese on the inside of the peppers.
- Place chicken pieces/slices on top of the cheese.
- Carefully remove filled peppers from the heat and place on plate. Add a touch more of feta, as garnish. ENJOY!
Sometimes I feel like I eat the same things over and over, and that gets a little boring. But this plate made me really excited because it was a twist on the same foods. It was actually an experiment that I just threw together. I'm a girl of quick meals, and hate lots of preparation, so you'll notice that most of my recipes will require minimal or no preparation, and can be made on the fly. The feta cheese on this dish made the peppers creamy which allowed the different textures to blend together. This meal, as you can see, is full of color and is fun to eat. You can use your hands, and just grab the pepper. I ate it in 5 minutes and feel like I ate plenty. For all you calorie counters out there, just look at the meal. Veggies - CHECK, chicken - CHECK, small amount of cheese - TERRIFIC! If this were on weight watchers, it wouldn't be more than 4 points...so go on girl and EAT IT UP!!
Check out my yummy dessert...coming out next!!