06 November 2008

Blueberry Pomegranate Mixed Berry Sorbet



Blueberry Pomegranate Mixed Berry Sorbet

Ingredients:
  • 2/3 cup water
  • 2 cups blueberry pomegranate juice
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 cup frozen mixed berries
  • 4 ice cubes
Directions:
  1. mix water sugar and salt in a sauce pan on high heat. stir until mixed thoroughly and remove from heat
  2. add water mix, juice, ice cubes and berries to a blender and blend
  3. for those of you without a ice cream maker place mix in a freezer safe container and freeze until solid. To serve scrape frozen mix with serving fork, serve and enjoy!
  4. if you have an ice cream maker place mix in freezer until ice crystals start to form. transfer mix to ice cream maker and follow the manufacturers instructions. when complete serve and enjoy!
    Commentary:
    I just recently took an Indian cooking class where I learned how to make sorbet...it was the easiest thing ever. I do think that if I were to make this again I would add the juice from 2 oranges to the mix to make it taste more refreshing. Make sure you don't skimp out on the salt! It helps with the freezing. I was surprised that you can add way more salt then required in the recipe before you start noticing the saltiness. Try kosher salt for a less salty taste. Let me know if you try to make it without an ice cream maker, I am interested to see how it turns out. I hope you enjoy!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    LinkWithin

    LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs