28 November 2008

the gourmet project

We're all very full still, not sure about you, so we wanted to take another day off. But check out another cooking blog we discovered recently: The Gourmet Project. The blog's author Teena is cooking her way through The Gourmet Cookbook, which means that everything you see over there is marked by the page number, which is a nice touch. But more so, it means Teena tries things that she maybe would pass by otherwise ... her write up two posts ago on swiss chard gratin gets this across like so:
Gratin is a word that translates to Deliciousness in my head. So Potatoes au Gratin reads to me as Potatoes au Deliciousness... However, Swiss Chard is a phrase that translates in my head to Bad...when I saw this dish in The Book the title read to me as Bad Deliciousness, and I wasn't sure what to do with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs