My Mommy taught me this. This is for those nights when you want something special without using anything too special. The prep time is two minutes, the basic serving size is one but I encourage you to multiply it.
What you need:
- 2 microwaveable mugs
- 1 mini peppermint patty
- 1 packet of your favorite hot coco mix
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup milk of your choice (so I add this part, I always substitute half the water with milk, it makes for a creamier drink and I still avoid some calories, not that I'm counting all the time)
- Whip Cream (or cool-whip if you must)
1. Start the water to heat on the stove (tea kettle)
2. Put milk in 1 mug, heat for 30-45 seconds in the microwave- let stand
3. Put peppermint patty in other mug heat for twenty seconds
4. Add coco mix to peppermint patty mug
5. Pour in warm milk stirring vigorously
6. Stir in Water
7. Top with cream
Extra credit: If you have some red jimmies (or sprinkles) to throw on top it makes for awesome presentation.