Ever needed to grab a snack and go? Or on your way to the gym and need a healthy snack to rev you up? Grab one of these granola bars! With the help of a friend, we snagged this recipe and made it work for us. They are chewy and yummy. Try them out.
- baking tin
- 2 cups oat
- 3/4 cup wheat flour
- 4 tsp butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2/3 cup flaxseed
- 1 cup crushed nuts
- 1 cup raisins (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In the baking tin, mix the flour, oats, nuts, and seeds. Then put them into the oven to toast.
- Meanwhile, grab a sauce pot, and mix the butter, honey, vanilla and cinnamon. Heat it on the stove till it has all dissolved.
- Once the oats are toasty, take them out of the oven and add the yummy heated mixture of sugar. Mix well. (Add raisins now, if you'd like.)
- It will turn into a goop that you can lay into a tray or pan. Flatten it out and let it cool.
- Cut them into bars, squares or just pick at them.