Merry Christmas eve to all you festive folk. Hope you're all keeping up with the diet. Traveling certainly doesn't help to maintain the diet, especially with all these amazing choices in every restaurant and supermarket. But these cookies are among the BEST choice that you can possibly make this holiday season, and will certainly put a smile on people's faces.
If you know how to make chocolate chip cookies, this is right up your alley...
- 2 1/4 cups of flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp salt
- 12 oz bag of chocolate chip morsels
- 8-10 Caramel squares (Kraft company)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Cut each caramel squares into 6 or 8 pieces.
- Using a little dish, put the cut caramel squares into flour to coat them lightly.
- Then, in a larger bowl, cream the sugars with the stick of butter.
- Add vanilla.
- Once the sugar mixture is creamy, add one egg at a time.
- Gradually add the entire flour mixture to the sugar mixture. Mix well.
- Add the caramels and chocolate chip morsels.
- Place small globs of the cookie mixture on the pan. Bake for about 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
I LOVE chocolate chip cookies. They are a trademark for me and the family. I ALWAYS have them during the holidays. This year I just decided to make a spin on the cookies I love so much. I hope you all have a terrific holiday and enjoy the cookies.