27 January 2009

His name is Raul...Slow Cooker Turkey Sausage and Kale

For the love of Crock: Crocked Turkey Sausage and Kale





Minimum Effort---Maximum Result---Satisfaction Guaranteed

Nutritious and Delicious

Yes, the summer winter romance continues (that’s what they call it when an old man, my crockpot, hooks up with a young girl right? PS- the young girl would be me)

We’d had a bag of kale in the freeze for probably 3 months and I decided enough is enough so I got together with Raul (this is the pet name for my new love) and made magic ;)


Prep Time: 5 minutes (possibly faster if you an electric can openr)
Cook Time: 6 hours
Serves : 6

Ingredients:
• 4 handfuls baby carrots
• 1 half red onion chopped
• 6 Turkey Sausages Chopped into ¼ inch pieces
• 1 can chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
• 1 can diced tomatoes
• 1 bag chopped kale
• 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
• 3 teaspoons cayenne pepper
• 3 teaspoons red pepper flakes
• Salt and Pepper to taste

Directions:
Place all ingredients into slow cooker. Stir around so tomatoes coat everything and seasoning is thoroughly mixed in.

Let cook, covered, on high 3 hours or low 5-6 hours.

Serve over brown rice or whole-wheat cous cous

Note: I put this together at night prior to going to bed. Then when I woke up it went straight from the Crock-Pot into the to-go containers and soon after my stomach…it was tasty!




Raul has yet to disappoint, it was definitely NOT one of those morning where you wake up thinking what the F did I just do.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs