20 December 2008

parnsip chips, pan-fried zuchinni & salad




















This meal was kind of all over the place.  I had oil left over from making mushroom fritters, so I wanted to make parsnip chips, which are a nice alternative to the usual potato standard.  The rest of the dishes just arose from wanting to serve a salad and then needing to make a veggie dish that would look sizable.  Yeah, that was the idea.  "Sizable."  Vague, I know.

ingredients
  • three biggish parsnips
  • a few inches of oil
  • seasoning
Basically you just cut the parsnips into strips and drop them in oil until they look yummy.  I seasoned mine with rosemary and oregano. 

 
ingredients
  • two zucchini
  • 1 small onion
  • 1 tablespoon of crushed chili peppers
  • 1 tablespoon of crushed garlic
  • liberal amounts of bijola
For the zucchini, I carefully cut them into flat slices.  They'd have the same taste either way really, but there's something nice about digging in to a nice slab of zucchini.  They take about 8 minutes on high heat.  As usual, go oil then garlic then onion. 
 
signature salad variation #934  
(its more of a bean salad really) 
ingredients
  • no spinach!  (shocking, i know)
  • liberal sprinkling of organic pea shoots
  • 1 can cannelini beans
  • 1 can butter beans
  • 4 spring onions
  • feta cheese!
  • vinaigrette
What'd I do?  Chop chop chop, dress and serve.
They went together okay.  I didn't time the whole thing very well and the parsnip chips weren't really hot by the time I served.  I loved the zucchini but JaBootaay was uninspired by it.  Ah well.  I ate his.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs