So I decided to finally try it out and make a apple pear crisp. It came out delicious and took half the time that it normally would have.
- 3 Bosch Pears peeled, cored, and sliced
- 3 Granny Smith Apples peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 2 tsps all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsps lemon juice
- 2 Tbsps and 2 teaspoons water
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup quick cooking oats
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a medium size bowl, toss apples with sugar, flour, cinnamon, lemon juice, and water.
- Spread evenly into a 8x8 inch pan.
- In another bowl, mix together flour, brown sugar, oats, and butter.
- Spoon mixture evenly over apples.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 45 minutes.
- Let cool for 20 minutes and serve.