- All the veggies you want! I used mushrooms, spinach, carrots, onion, garlic, red pepper, and courgette.
- Pasta sheets.
- White sauce (er..I used a jar but will write how to make your own here). To make own: 50 grams margarine, 50 grams flour, pint of milk
- Tinned chopped tomatoes
- Cheese (mozzerella/cheddar)
- olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius.
2. If using carrots, chop them and boil for a few minutes to soften them, while preparing and chopping the other vegetables.
3. Soften the onions and garlic in olive oil in a saucepan. After a few minutes, add the red pepper. After they have cooked for about five minutes, all in the courgette, carrots and mushrooms.
4. Stir and cook in the oil for about ten minutes, then add the tinned tomatoes and mix in all the herbs.
5. Cook for ten minutes or so, flavouring more as needs be.
6. For the cheese sauce, melt the margarine in a sauce pan and then mix in the flour. When the margarine has absorbed the flour, slowly add in a little of the milk, stirring constantly. Stir carefully to make sure the milk soaks into the flour without becoming lumpy. Keep adding the milk bit by bit, stirring all the time, until you have a creamy sauce. to thicken the sauce, raise the heat; likewise, if you want to thin it out a little, lower the heat and add a little more milk until its the consistency you want.
7. When the mixture is finished, take it off the heat and add in all the cheese. You don't need to cook it for this, it should just melt in the heat of the mixture.
8. Take the vegetable mix, and pour half of it into a dish. Add some pasta sheets, then layer on some of the cheese sauce. Repeat: another layer with the remaining vegetable mix, a layer of pasta sheets, and finish with a layer of cheese sauce.
9. Sprinkle some pepper on the top, slices of tomato are nice too.
10. Cook the mixture in the oven for 30 mins.