Minimum Effort---Maximum Result---Satisfaction Guaranteed
These turned out great.
To quote [dave] “these are good…you could bag and sell these good”
These chips are spicy, crunchy and have the added bonus of fiber. You can season them however you like so after you try it once, don’t be afraid to get creative. If you substitute the cayenne for cumin you’ll get sexy smoky chips. The only caveat, they don’t keep well so only make enough for immediate use (considering how easy they are that should not be too much of an issue)
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 6-7 minutes
• 1/3 cup olive oil
• 4 teaspoons chili powder
• 3 teaspoons cayenne pepper powder
• 3 teaspoons garlic powder
• 6 whole wheat pita pockets (medium size)
• Salt to taste
1.Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Combine oil and powders in a small bowl
3. Cut pita into quarter (cut them in half once then cut the halves in half) and separate the tops from the bottoms
4. Place pita pieces in a large bowl. Pour oil over pita pieces while moving pieces around until evenly coated.
5. Transfer to a cooking sheet and bake for 6-7 minutes until brown (watch’em though cuz they will quickly go from brown to burnt
Serve with your favorite hummus or dip and enjoy