07 April 2010

Do you bring your lunch to work?


Since I was in grade school, I have always been a brown-bag lunch kind of person. In school, it was because I didn't like the cafeteria food. In college, I would steal food from the dining hall due to my college student poverty. Now, in the working world, my decision to continue to bring my own lunch is a combination of saving time, saving money, and being comforted knowing what exactly I am eating. I have always been a snacker, too, so I bring a bunch of stuff to keep me going through the day.
I am also a creature of habit, so the above picture pretty much represents what is in my lunch bag each day. I'll have yogurt in the morning, sometimes with granola. Then, for a mid-morning snack, I'll reach for the Odwalla granola bar (Berries GoMega is one of my favorites but their Banana Nut is great too). Lunch is usually a salad of some sort of one of those portable soups you can get from Healthy Choice. Then the rest of the contents (usually consisting of fruit, nuts, some kind of sweets) are spread out over the day... not pictured is my iced coffee which I also usually make at home in the morning. And I try to keep a full candy dish at work since I can't go a day without the stuff! Moderation is key.
Do you bring your lunch or buy your lunch? What do you eat during the work day?

1 comment:

  1. fabulous question! i try to bring food to work, but the fact of the matter is, i like warm food served to me. so that often means takeout. but 3 or 4 days out of the week i bring a salad from home and leave dried cranberries and sunflower seeds in my desk which i add to it. the rest changes each day - some days it will include turkey or peppers and lots of onions. i make smoothies at home for breakfast or have toast with peanut butter. i try not to be a big snacker and i just gave up candy for one year. http://wanderlust-ndstyle.blogspot.com/2010/03/i-feel-like-crap.html

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs