- 1 pound mince (serves 2)
- 1 onion
- half a red pepper
- 4-6 mushrooms
- natural yoghurt
- tin condensed tomato soup
- olive oil
- salt/pepper/herbs (basil, coriander etc).
1. Peel and chop the onion. Mix it in with the mince meat in a bowl. Then, with your hands, role the mincemeat into 6 balls.
2. Heat some olive oil in the pan. Gently place the meatballs into the pan. Let them brown on one side, and then gently turn them every 3 or 4 minutes until all sides of the meatballs are browned.
3. Boil some water, and add to the condensed soup (the amount of water doesn't matter here as you will be adding more as you need while cooking). Pour the mixture into the saucepan with the meatballs. Stir everything, making sure the meatballs are fully coated in the soup. If the soup is quite thick you can add some more water and stir.
4. Put the lid on the saucepan and allow the mixture to boil then bring down to simmer. The meatballs should cook like this for 45 minutes, to make sure they are cooked right through, while you keep stirring and adding more ingredients into the sauce.
5. Chop the pepper and mushrooms (or indeed any other veggie you want...courgette would be good!), and add them into the saucepan. Add in the pepper, salt and all herbs. Stir everything.
6. While cooking, if the mixture becomes too thick, mix in some water slowly.
7. When 10 minutes are left, mix in 2 tablespoons of natural yoghurt. Cover the saucepan and allow to cook for the remaining time.
8. For the remaining time, prepare the couscous.
9. To serve, place the couscous in a bowl, then spoon the meatballs on top, 3 each. Spoon the sauce and vegetables on top of the meatballs. Finish with one spoonful of natural yoghurt, a sprinkling of pepper and a little coriander.