...Especially Bobby's turkey!
Pumpkin Whoopee Pies (from Rachel Ray)
- 3 sticks unsalted butter, 2 sticks melted, 1 stick softened
- 2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature, lightly beaten
- 2 cup canned pure pumpkin puree
- 3 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 3 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon plus 4 pinches salt
- 3 1/3 cups flour
- 8 ounces cream cheese, chilled
- 2 cup confectioners' sugar
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line two baking sheets with parchment paper. In a large bowl, whisk together the melted butter and brown sugar until smooth.
Whisk in the eggs, pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, 1 teaspoon vanilla, the baking powder, the baking soda and 3/4 teaspoon salt. Using a rubber spatula, fold in the flour.
Using an ice cream scoop or tablespoon, drop 12 generous mounds of batter, spaced evenly, onto each baking sheet.
Bake until springy to the touch, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a rack to cool completely.
Meanwhile, using an electric mixer, cream the softened butter with the cream cheese. Add the confectioners' sugar and the remaining 2 pinches salt and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla; mix on low speed until blended, then beat on medium-high speed until fluffy, about 2 minutes.
Spread the flat side of 12 cakes with the cream cheese frosting. Top each with another cake.